We invite you to submit an abstract for consideration in the SOAC 2015 conference program. Abstracts will be double blind peer reviewed and selected authors will be invited to submit a full paper for presentation at the conference and publication.
NOTE: If you are a PHD Student and wish to submit an abstract please submit HERE.
Abstracts are invited under one of the following themes:
- Open for business planning
- city marketing and branding
- (un)employment trends and patterns
- job creation, destruction, transformation and (re)location
- labour markets
- Social integration
- Community development
- Safety and security
- Housing markets and policy; equity and equality
- Urban cultures
- Sex and the city
- Air, water & noise
- Urban ecosystems
- Urban agriculture and food
- Energy production
- Waste management; threats to biodiversity
- City parks and green space
- Climate change
- Urban form
- Densification and consolidation
- Suburban and peri-urban expansion
- Metro-regions and planning
- Decentralisation and multi-nodal development
- Urban politics
- Urban social movement
- Local and metropolitan planning
- Public participation & community engagement
- Political leadership
- Transport planning & policy
- ICT and city building
- Travel behaviour
- Congestion and productivity
- Public health
- Healthy cities and built environments
- Urban food systems
- Urban pollution control
Abstracts must be no longer than 250 words. All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference handbook and online.
Papers should be the product of original research/analysis. Literature/policy reviews which lack any policy or theoretical insights for the future of Australian cities will not be accepted. Each delegate is restricted to presenting one paper only. There is no restriction on how many papers an individual might be listed as a co-author.
It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. The conference managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the online submission process, or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events. Faxed or mailed abstracts on CD will not be accepted. If you are unable to submit via the websiteplease email the .
Authors are reminded that all papers must be original and must not have been published elsewhere. Once selected for inclusion in the conference program, papers become the property of the SOAC 2015 Conference.
All presenting authors who have their papers accepted for presentation must register to attend the conference. SOAC 2015 is unable to offer any financial assistance to submitting authors. Failure to register will result in the withdrawal of the paper. Authors with papers that are rejected following full review,but have already registered, may request a full refund of their registration fee.