The Editorial Team at Urban Policy and Research invites SOAC 2013 delegates to a lunchtime meet and greet and information session about publishing in Australia’s leading urban studies journal. We are particularly keen to invite early career academics and policymakers and policy researchers who are looking to publish their work.
The session will be informal and open to questions from attendees. The session will focus on a number of key aspects related to publishing in Urban Policy and Research. These will include:
1. Why publish in UPR – ISI listing and impact factor;
2. Types of peer- and non-peer reviewed papers published – full academic papers; policy and practice review papers, and opinion pieces;
3. Review processes and acting as a reviewer and book reviewer;
4. Definition of ‘urban policy’ – what topics we tend to publish on; and
5. Brian McLoughlin Award – prize for best paper by an early career researcher.
When: Wednesday 27 November 2013
Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Who: The session will be led by Assoc. Prof. Glen Searle (Editor in Chief), Prof. Carey Curtis (Chair, Editorial Board) and Assoc. Prof. Paul Maginn (Practice Reviews Editor)
Twitter account @UPRJournal